Tori Rushton came back to her home town Stratford-upon-Avon in 2003 after playing for 10 years in Paris and her musical journey has continued to grow. As a professional cellist she often plays solo for the drinks receptions at weddings, christenings, coporate dinners, other family/friends special occasions to create the right ambiance of background music. Tori teaches mainly cello but also guitar and double bass to all ages and levels. She does session work in recording studios, works in musical theatres, plays in different set ups, duos, trios and bands playing all kinds of genres. Tori is in the band Magik River
She is also a Musical Director and promoter. Tori is involved in many music projects in and around Stratford upon Avon, organising Festivals, Music events, Live music evenings etc… Watch out for this year's orgainsing of STRATFORD FOLK FESTIVAL 2nd June - 4th June 2017 FAB FEST 15th/16th July 2017 Tori is cellist and vocals in the new RSC Summer 2017 Production of Salome by Oscar Wilde
- Wednesday 5th April Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Saturday 8th April Magik River EP Launch The Stratford Alehouse @ 8pm
- Tuesday 18th April Private Wedding with Magik River
- Wednesday 19th April Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Wednesday 3rd May Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Friday 5th May Rock/Pop String Workshop at The Croft School
- Wednesday 17th May Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Friday 19th May Welcombe Radio Launch Party private
- Friday 19th May Magik River @ The Holly Bush, Alcester 8:30pm
- Saturday 20th May Ladies cello workshop with tea and cakes!
- Sunday 21st May Magik River @ Stratfest
- Thursday 25th May ... She..SOLO PROJECT @ Boston Tea Party Cafe Stratford Upon Avon @ 8pm £7 tickets on the door.
- Sunday 4th June Stratford Folk Festival with Magik River
- Wednesday 7th June Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Wednesday 21st June Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Wednesday 5th July Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
- Saturday 15th July Fab Fest
- Sunday 16th July Fab Fest
- Tuesday 18th July String Rock/Pop workshop @ Warwick school summer schools
- Wednesday 19th July Acoustic Night at Stratford Folk Club
Cello Workshops for students (please book your places quickly!)
- YOUTH ROCK/POP CELLO WORKSHOP Saturday 18th March 1:30pm to 4:30pm FULLY BOOKED
- STRING ROCK/POP WORKSHOP Friday 5th May 1:15pm to 4:15pm FULLY BOOKED
- LADIES CELLO ENSEMBLE WORKSHOP Saturday 20th May 9:30am to 12:30pm with Tea and cake!
- BEATLES CELLO WORKSHOP Saturday 17th June 9:30am to 12:30pm
I offer lessons for all ages, half hour to an hour in a calm and happy environment. I love teaching students either focussing on grades or purely for fun. I run cello workshops in wide variety of music to develop ensemble skills. I teach double bass and guitar too.
If you would like some cello on your tracks... I offer session work for bands in recording studios using the pure cello sounds or pedals depending on the genre of music.
I play acoustic, baroque and electric cello for live concerts with other musicians, solo work for weddings, dinner parties and other events.
Rocking out on stage at FAB FEST in Stratford Upon Avon. A free annual Music Festival that I organise in mid July which attracts many musicians and music lovers from all over the UK.
“I started studying the cello at 7. I had already begun to learn the guitar and piano at 5 years old. I continued at school and soon achieved the associated board exams grades 1-8 in cello and 1-6 in piano and guitar. I also picked up the double bass and taught myself. My passion for the cello grew and I continued studying different techniques, playing in orchestras, performing chamber music and musicals. Through working with professional cellists and other musicians I also developed an interest in teaching.
In 1992 at the Paris conservatoire I worked with many inspiring musicians, teachers and mentors which gave me opportunities to play in very professional Parisian orchestras, like the Paris symphony orchestra and the Impromptu and Franclien orchestra’s. This took me to some amazing places around Paris and the whole of France, playing incredible pieces of classical music from Baroque to Modern in castles, churches and cathedrals, accompanying top solo artists in France.
I moved ranks throughout my ten year career in these orchestras to finally first cellist which was a great honour and also very scary. I wasn’t only playing classical stuff, I always wanted to venture into other styles of music with my cello and during my time in Paris I met and was influenced and later played with different musicians in Jazz, punk, rock and folk. I worked for two contemporary dance companies where depending on the show I would play a diverse range of different styles to suit. And then just for fun I played in a punk band and bars at night using an electric pick up and a distortion pedal on my 200 year old Baroque cello. Crazy amazing years! I now have an electric cello where I use all kinds of pedals!”
To contact Tori please use any of the social network options listed, the email address to the right, or the contact form below.
Please fill in all fields & click Submit to contact me.